cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two collections deleted. When should scores change?

tag
shawnette
Regular Contributor

Two collections deleted. When should scores change?

I just had 2 medical collections deleted from my reports (all 3). Smiley Very Happy  I just got the notice from Equifax today that they were deleted from my file (EQ was the last to delete).  I am dying to pull my scores to see if there's any change, but I'm sitting on my hands for now.   How long should I wait to pull my FICO scores?

TIA
-shawnette
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

Re: Two collections deleted. When should scores change?

Pull them tomorrow, you should see a generous increase (assuming you don't have a lot more collections to get rid of).

Any other baddies or were these your only collections? If you have quite a few collections, getting 2 deleted might not warrant a big score jump.
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 2 of 8
shawnette
Regular Contributor

I still have 3 left.  Two fall off next year and one is new.  It was an oversight that I intend to pay.  I sent letter for PFD but haven't heard back, yet.
Message 3 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

shawnette wrote:
I still have 3 left.  Two fall off next year and one is new.  It was an oversight that I intend to pay.  I sent letter for PFD but haven't heard back, yet.

How old were the two collections that were deleted?
Message 4 of 8
shawnette
Regular Contributor

fused wrote:

How old were the two collections that were deleted?

$279 - 3yrs
$50 - 2yrs

And actually, I just looked at one of my old reports and they were showing as delinquent open accounts on EQ, collections on TU & EX.  What kind of difference does that make?
Message 5 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

How old are the remaining three?
Message 6 of 8
shawnette
Regular Contributor

fused wrote:

2 months, 6.5yrs & 7yrs.  I've been pretty good for several years.  The new collection was simply an oversight on my part. (Thought it was paid, never received any notices until collection).  The 2 that were just deleted were bogus.

Message Edited by shawnette on 11-23-2007 05:57 PM

Message Edited by shawnette on 11-23-2007 05:59 PM
Message 7 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

shawnette wrote:

fused wrote:

2 months, 6.5yrs & 7yrs.  I've been pretty good for several years.  The new collection was simply an oversight on my part. (Thought it was paid, never received any notices until collection).  The 2 that were just deleted were bogus.

Message Edited by shawnette on 11-23-2007 05:57 PM

Message Edited by shawnette on 11-23-2007 05:59 PM

The two remaining old collections are having little affect on your scores but the 2 month old one is a very negative effect. Seeing that you just had a collection 2 years old deleted, you should see a modest point increase.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.