Regular Contributor
shawnette

Two collections deleted. When should scores change?

I just had 2 medical collections deleted from my reports (all 3). :smileyvery-happy:  I just got the notice from Equifax today that they were deleted from my file (EQ was the last to delete).  I am dying to pull my scores to see if there's any change, but I'm sitting on my hands for now.   How long should I wait to pull my FICO scores?

TIA
-shawnette
Frequent Contributor
MeganML84

Re: Two collections deleted. When should scores change?

Pull them tomorrow, you should see a generous increase (assuming you don't have a lot more collections to get rid of).

Any other baddies or were these your only collections? If you have quite a few collections, getting 2 deleted might not warrant a big score jump.
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Regular Contributor
shawnette

I still have 3 left.  Two fall off next year and one is new.  It was an oversight that I intend to pay.  I sent letter for PFD but haven't heard back, yet.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

shawnette wrote:
I still have 3 left.  Two fall off next year and one is new.  It was an oversight that I intend to pay.  I sent letter for PFD but haven't heard back, yet.

How old were the two collections that were deleted?
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Regular Contributor
shawnette

fused wrote:

How old were the two collections that were deleted?

$279 - 3yrs
$50 - 2yrs

And actually, I just looked at one of my old reports and they were showing as delinquent open accounts on EQ, collections on TU & EX.  What kind of difference does that make?
Moderator Emeritus
fused

How old are the remaining three?
Credit Profile -
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Regular Contributor
shawnette

[ Edited ]

fused wrote:

2 months, 6.5yrs & 7yrs.  I've been pretty good for several years.  The new collection was simply an oversight on my part. (Thought it was paid, never received any notices until collection).  The 2 that were just deleted were bogus.

Message Edited by shawnette on 11-23-2007 05:57 PM

Message Edited by shawnette on 11-23-2007 05:59 PM
Moderator Emeritus
fused

shawnette wrote:

fused wrote:

2 months, 6.5yrs & 7yrs.  I've been pretty good for several years.  The new collection was simply an oversight on my part. (Thought it was paid, never received any notices until collection).  The 2 that were just deleted were bogus.

Message Edited by shawnette on 11-23-2007 05:57 PM

Message Edited by shawnette on 11-23-2007 05:59 PM

The two remaining old collections are having little affect on your scores but the 2 month old one is a very negative effect. Seeing that you just had a collection 2 years old deleted, you should see a modest point increase.
Credit Profile -

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}