cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two different EQ scores on the same day?

tag
fncbdy1
Valued Member

Two different EQ scores on the same day?

Hi, I am new to the forum and addicted thus far! Yesterday I pulled the myfico eq and the score was 509. Horrible I know I but better than the 460 it was in October. Also yesterday Bill Me Later denied me with an EQ score of 569. hmmm??? Also this week accidentally experienced the cart trick SP with VS, only $250 CL now but will help me rebuild and I have heard that VS is pretty good about CLI's. So why the different scores and why such a drastic difference? Thanks in advance!!!

goal 600's
current 08/13 EQ 574 EX 583 (lender pull)
beginning 10/12 - EQ 460
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Two different EQ scores on the same day?

@fncbdy1 wrote:

Hi, I am new to the forum and addicted thus far! Yesterday I pulled the myfico eq and the score was 509. Horrible I know I but better than the 460 it was in October. Also yesterday Bill Me Later denied me with an EQ score of 569. hmmm??? Also this week accidentally experienced the cart trick SP with VS, only $250 CL now but will help me rebuild and I have heard that VS is pretty good about CLI's. So why the different scores and why such a drastic difference? Thanks in advance!!!

FAKO versus FICO.  Your EQ score here is Beacon 5.0.  Bill Me Later is not. 

Edit: Did BML give you a score range?   Even though they pull EQ, they may be reporting a FAKO score, or their own variation of a EQ score. 

Message 2 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums!

Put simply, there are many (too many in my estimation) FICO scores available; EQ alone has more than 15 different scores which could be used (theoretically) for any given application.  

The EQ score found here is the gold standard as far as mortgages go; for everything else, it could be wildly different, especially when it comes to credit card (and similar) approvals or auto loans.

        
Message 3 of 4
fncbdy1
Valued Member

Wow! I never realized there were so many different facors and formulas. This forum is nothing if not educational! Thanks!
goal 600's
current 08/13 EQ 574 EX 583 (lender pull)
beginning 10/12 - EQ 460
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.