cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two different FICO scores in one day hours apart! Confused!

tag
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Two different FICO scores in one day hours apart! Confused!

I pulled a new FICO score Feb. 15th and found out my score dropped to 651....then later that day, I received an alert and so I signed on an checked it looks like it's telling me my score went up to 653.  Very small increase, but I'm just trying to figure out which one is the most current....I didn't realize the FICO score could change throughout the day.....can someone let me know which one is the most recent...the one I pulled earlier that day...or the alert I received later?

Slowly building....
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Two different FICO scores in one day hours apart! Confused!

I just noticed that the 653 FICO score has "New" next to it, BUT, it is is SECOND on the list....does that matter?  The reason I need to know is because I want to make sure I set my target score alert to whatever my current score is so I can receive an alert if it changes.

Slowly building....
Message 2 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I don't know enough about scorewatch to tell you which one is most recent, but your FICO score could change anytime the information on your reports is updated or changed. Scorewatch probably checks at least once a day for changes, I would guess.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Look for the date next to the SW alert. Your score isn't monitored daily through SW and there could be a day lag time in between the date of the SW alert and when you received it. If you pulled a new FICO report, that report would trump any alerts. Or leave your target at 653 if that's where it should be at now. Two points is nothing (assuming your score is improving).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.