Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two different scores from Exeperian?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two different scores from Exeperian?

Hi I am new here. Through my bank we pay for Credit Check monitoring which is attached to experian. So here is my question. I never really checked all 3 our scores till today. I am in the lower 700's while my husband is in the higher 700 range, according to Credit Check monitoring.( Yes I know we really don't have anything to worry about but I would rather it be higher and save my money). Today when I got on myfico it said my score was 699 and the credit monitoring is saying its 723. Should I go straight to Experian and order it? I am really confused. What is my score? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

T

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Two different scores from Exeperian?

Welcome to the forums, stgiglio!

I'm going to move this thread to the Understanding FICO Scoring forum. In the meantime, you might want to read the Son of Credit Scoring 101 thread in my sig line.

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused's thread is very helpful - hope you get a minute to check it out!

Credit Check (CreditCheck Total?) offers a non-FICO (what we call a FAKO) credit score, not a FICO.  So it does cause a lot of confusion for folks.  That FAKO score comes with FAKO advice, so be sure to ignore the scores and advice.

You'll want to look at true FICO scores.   Everyone has three FICO scores - one from each of the CreditReportingAgencie's (Equifax, Experian, TransUnion). 

Experian actually sells a FAKO score on their site, so that won't be helpful.

Here, at myfico, they offer an Equifax FICO score and a TransUnion FICO score.  I'm not sure which you looked at.

Credit Check is a Credit Monitoring Service (CMS).  llec's thread on CMS provides a lot of clarity on why you're finding different scores and where.  Bottom line is to watch your FICO scores.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Fuse and beaMEup.

I have been doing a lot of reading on the board today. I appreciate the help.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.