Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two questions

First;  I am in a quandry as to why one of my scores is as low as it is.  There are no collection accounts and all the negative is years old.  Yet, it's listed first as to why my score isn't higher.  This is my Eq. report.

Second;  I disputed some information on my other report which was probably a mistake because now the information looks more current than it is.   If you dispute info or recently paid off an old collection item, how long does that info affect your score?  Do I have to wait two years to see any positive movement in my score?  Is there a possibility of a better score this year?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Rich97
Established Member

Re: Two questions

I too am curious about disputing an item, I did a similar thing and now wonder if it was a bad idea because they didn't remove it just make it seem more current. Does an old inegative tem look better than a new negative item? Or does it only matter once it ages off the report?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think I did myself any favors by disputing the item.  It was an old account that was showing as unpaid.  I disputed it with the cra, and it now shows as paid, but it also looks like a current item now, rather than being four years old.  I should have left it alone.  

i'm just wondering how long it's going to heavily impact my cr.
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I assume they just updated the DOLA (Date of last activity) instead of the DOFD (Date of first delinq)?

Having it marked as paid should not change the DOFD which is when the clock begins.

Message Edited by Tuscani on 04-22-2007 11:29 AM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.