Regular Contributor
KDM

Two questions

First;  I am in a quandry as to why one of my scores is as low as it is.  There are no collection accounts and all the negative is years old.  Yet, it's listed first as to why my score isn't higher.  This is my Eq. report.

Second;  I disputed some information on my other report which was probably a mistake because now the information looks more current than it is.   If you dispute info or recently paid off an old collection item, how long does that info affect your score?  Do I have to wait two years to see any positive movement in my score?  Is there a possibility of a better score this year?
Established Member
Rich97

Re: Two questions

I too am curious about disputing an item, I did a similar thing and now wonder if it was a bad idea because they didn't remove it just make it seem more current. Does an old inegative tem look better than a new negative item? Or does it only matter once it ages off the report?
Regular Contributor
KDM

I don't think I did myself any favors by disputing the item.  It was an old account that was showing as unpaid.  I disputed it with the cra, and it now shows as paid, but it also looks like a current item now, rather than being four years old.  I should have left it alone.  

i'm just wondering how long it's going to heavily impact my cr.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

[ Edited ]
I assume they just updated the DOLA (Date of last activity) instead of the DOFD (Date of first delinq)?

Having it marked as paid should not change the DOFD which is when the clock begins.

Message Edited by Tuscani on 04-22-2007 11:29 AM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}