Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two quick questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two quick questions

Please help! I've been reading through the boards and I'm trying to figure out what some things mean and can't seem to find any information. I'm wondering what CIC is. I understand that it's some sort of forum maybe. I see it mentioned a lot. Just curious. Also, I saw soft pull mentioned in another post here. I would like to know what a 'soft pull' is exactly. Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soft Pull

A soft pull is an inquiry that doesn't hurt your credit score. Examples of this would be pulling your credit off of www.myfico.com of if you apply for insurance then usually they will make an inquiry on your report that doesn't hurt your score. And of course all of those pre-approved offers that creditors are sending put a soft inquiry on your report. There is probably a good forum here about it, but I am not familiar enough with the forums yet to direct you.
Message 2 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Two quick questions

Message Edited by fused111 on 07-21-2007 06:35 AM
Message 3 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused111 wrote:

Hi fused, I checked that thread before I posted but there is no mention of CIC or a soft pull there. Thanks to all who responded : ).
Message 5 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Search Google for CIC and Credit.

We are not allowed to link to CIC from the FICO Forums. Thanks.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I completely understand Smiley Happy.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.