Valued Member

Types of credit accounts/Account mix

[ Edited ]

I don't understand this one, I have 5 credit cards and 1 student loan. What how many types of accounts that fico scores consider?

Is it installment accounts (student, mortgage, auto, personal), revolving accounts (credit card, prepaid cards, retail credit card), and so just 2 different account types or are there more types and/or are auto loans, mortgages, auto loans all separate, etc.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

http://www.myfico.com/CreditEducation/WhatsInYourScore.aspx

http://www.myfico.com/CreditEducation/Types-of-Credit.aspx

http://www.myfico.com/Downloads/Files/myFICO_UYFS_Booklet.pdf page 14/20

Starting Score: 03/17/2013 665 EQ 01/09/2013 EX 724 TU 739?
Current Score: 03/27/2013 682 EQ 01
Goal Score: 850 all three FICO scores, 900 Vantage score, max insurance scores, etc.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Re: Types of credit accounts/Account mix

You have an installment and revolving, that is a credit mix.  There are other types of installment also.  Lots of people don't have mortgages or auto loans and they have high scores.  Others don't have credit cards and have high scores.

Are you being told you don't have the correct mix or just wondering.

Valued Member

Re: Types of credit accounts/Account mix

I am trying to have a perfect mix of credit. I know credit.com does not give a FICO score, they do give estimates for fico and vantage though. They give me a C- for my account mix. And creditkarma says having 21+ accounts is good, I doubt I will get that many accounts, but according to myfico they say having experience with different types of loan terms . I am not worried about my AAoAs since I am pretty young (21). Incase you want to know, my total length of credit is 1yr 7 months, and AAoAs is 10 months.

Starting Score: 03/17/2013 665 EQ 01/09/2013 EX 724 TU 739?
Current Score: 03/27/2013 682 EQ 01
Goal Score: 850 all three FICO scores, 900 Vantage score, max insurance scores, etc.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.