Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UP -- DOWN -- OR NO CHANGE

tag
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

UP -- DOWN -- OR NO CHANGE

I applied for a rehab loan on my home.  This hard inquiry already is factored into my FICO Credit Score

I never had a mortgage before.

My new home loan is NOT reporting yet.

In theory I am adding to my account mix.

Once this account hits my credit report, will my score go: UP, DOWN, or NO CHANGE

I am guessing 11 points increase...

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UP -- DOWN -- OR NO CHANGE

We can hazard a much better guess if we know the following:

Not counting this new mortgage....

(1)  Do you have any installment accounts of any kind on your report?  (Closed or open)  Examples are mortgages, car loans, car leases, personal loans, student loans, special financing to buy a sofa (washer/dryer, big screen TV, etc.).

(2)  Of these, are any of them open?

(3)  Of those that are open, what is the current balance and the original loan amount for each?

And finally, what will the original amount owed be on the new mortgage?  (When it finally does appear.)

PS.  Inquiries related to the new home loan may not be factored into your score.  FICO ignores mortgage-related inquiries for the first 30 days, but then begin to count them.  If the lenders have done any recent inquiries, these will not be part of your score yet.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.