cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE - 100pt Mortgage Score Increase!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What kind of score increase will I get?

Back with a monthly update: 

Mortgage Scores - 602 Equifax / 626 Transunion / 633 Experian - We now qualify for conventional financing through lender! Of course the lender will do a side by side comparison of FHA vs. Conventional so we can see what the better option is. 

FICO 08 Scores - 608 Equifax / 606 Transunion / 590 Experian - I guess I'm in that category where my mortgage scores are higher than my FICO 08. But again, I'm more concerned with my mortgage scores right now. 

In the past month, here's what's happened on my report: 

1. Two medical collections deleted due to age - Experian only

2. Student loans that were consolidated have reported to Equifax and Transunion. 

3. CC utilization went up on NFCU card. Went from 8% to 67% - I know, it will be paid back down to 8% by July 1st. 

4. CC utilization on Cap One AU card went down from 26% to 24%. 

Message 61 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanted to provide a close to final update on increasing my scores for a mortgage approval. The overall goal was to get to 580 for FHA approval, however, I'm pleased to say that I exceeded that amount!

Mortgage scores as of today with new FICO report update: 624EQ/ 649TU/ 650EX

Starting Mortgage Scores (Feb 2017): 523EQ/ 547TU/ 564EX

FICO 08 Scores as of today: 646EQ/ 625TU/ 649EX

Starting FICO 08 Scores (Mar 2017): 576EQ/ 551TU/ 576EX

Our lender plans to pull our credit again to package our loan in a couple of weeks. I have two final collections that are only on my Experian account that I can request through early exclusion as early as Tuesday, August 15th. 

Overall credit card utilization is currently 15%, which will drop to 8% once credit cards update for the month. Once I get the EE's and credit cards update, I will pay to pull my scores again to see where I'm at. The collections/charge-offs that I still have reporting are all closed with a $0 balance and have stopped reporting between March-April 2017. 

I cannot think you all enough for the insight that I've learned from these boards in the past 6 months. CGID, BBS, Tom Thumb...THANK YOU!! Within the next 10-12 weeks, we will be walking into our brand new, new construction home which would not have been possible without these forums. At the beginning of this process, I told my husband and my lender that we would have to look into buying next year because there was NO way I could get my scores up. 

Message 62 of 67
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Very nice, way to go!

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 63 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Message 64 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - My NFCU secured card that I opened in April 2017 graduated yesterday! I put down a $1,000 deposit, and my limit is now $2,000. They are using the Equifax 09 score and when I opened the card it was 530. As of yesterday, the score is 677! 

Current FICO 08 scores - 657EQ / 625TU / 649EX

Mortgage scores as of August 2017 - 624EQ / 649TU / 650EX

My FICO account will give me the new report on September 13. I'm sure with the credit limit increase, my scores will get a boost. Current aggregate utilization is 17%. 

Message 65 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to provide an update. 

As of today, we've been officially approved for our house. Went through the desktop application and received Approve/Eligible back! The house should be ready in about 8 weeks!

Message 66 of 67
jbh
Established Contributor

Congrats! This is terrific news.

Message 67 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.