cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED!!! My TU Fico just dropped 126 pts!!!! WHY?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My TU Fico just dropped 126 pts!!!! WHY?

new to the site and dont know if i should post this here, but seeing your conversation and all the variations of scores maybe someone can answer me this....

3 months out of bankruptcy with 1 new unsecured credit card and a previous history that was decently solid. credit karma scores of 661(tu) 665(ex) and transunion score of 661 straight from the TU website. i went to get a loan today (which i was pre approved for) and they came back with a fico8 TU score of 550!! all reports show the same info so why the huge difference with this fico bs?!

Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

new to the site and dont know if i should post this here, but seeing your conversation and all the variations of scores maybe someone can answer me this....

3 months out of bankruptcy with 1 new unsecured credit card and a previous history that was decently solid. credit karma scores of 661(tu) 665(ex) and transunion score of 661 straight from the TU website. i went to get a loan today (which i was pre approved for) and they came back with a fico8 TU score of 550!! all reports show the same info so why the huge difference with this fico bs?!

The first three scores you listed are not Fico scores. They are Vantage 3.0 scores, and are used by very few lenders.

Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATED!!!! Re: My TU Fico just dropped 126 pts!!!! WHY?

@I-think-I-can wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

After spending hours on the phone withe Trans Union and My Fico Reps to see what my have caused the 126 point drop in my TU Score 8, nobody had an answer.  My credit report showed no change in information other than revolving balance drops over the last 60 days.  Frusterated I again called My Fico to speak with a supervisor to help me undestand how this could happen.  After speaking for about 30 minutes I was given a free CR that refreshed all my information from 3 days ago.  Low an behold my credit score improved 126 points, the same number it dropped 10 days ago.  The supervisor could not explain the drop or the rise in the score other than it was some sort of glitch.   My thoughts are it's a good business model to get people like us to buy a product.   Smh....

I'm not surprised in the least. I did this dance multiple times - see the graphic I posted earlier in the thread.

Same for me...myFico made a nice bit of money off of me buying those new TU reports every time my score plummeted!  Now I don't bother purchasing a new report when it happens.  It is amazing that after my last feverish effort with Discover customer service , myFico customer service, and Transunion customer service  to figure out what was happening with my scores, I received for the very first time an alert that my score had actually risen to the correct number...773.  Synchrony now reflects an accurate score....now I am eagerly awaiting Discover and Barclay updates to see if it REALLY is correct across the board.

I am hopeful that whatever the issue is, it will be fixed soon. It is frustrating beyond words.

My Discover score just updated and, after several months, it is now correct! Barclays hasn't updated since 2.25.

Message 33 of 36
JLK93
Established Contributor

Re: UPDATED!!!! Re: My TU Fico just dropped 126 pts!!!! WHY?

@Anonymous wrote:

My Discover score just updated and, after several months, it is now correct! Barclays hasn't updated since 2.25. 

Transunion managed to calculate an accurate FICO score.

Priceless.

Message 34 of 36
Grafton88
Established Contributor

"I'm thinking about surgery to have my app finger removed."

I just noticed your signature quote.

Would that be an appingdectomy?

Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Grafton88 wrote:

"I'm thinking about surgery to have my app finger removed."

I just noticed your signature quote.

Would that be an appingdectomy?

That's pretty good! Smiley LOL

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.