Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Your Fico Score

tag
Horrace36
New Contributor

Understanding Your Fico Score

I pulled my Equifax FICO score today. In the section entitled "Understanding Your Fico Score" it says that my entire mortgage balance is past due and that I have eight late payments. According to the accompanying Equifax report I have no late payments and my entire mortgage balance is not being reported as past due. My mortgage doesn't mature for 18 years. Why the inconsistency and is my score taking a hit for it??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Understanding Your Fico Score

I would suggest getting printed copies of your reports direct from the credit bureaus, and checking this out.

If derogatory information is being reported, whether accurate or inaccurate, it can devastate your scores.

Message 2 of 5
dominow
New Contributor

what user5387 says, only do it sooner rather than later...GOOD LUCK!

Message 3 of 5
Horrace36
New Contributor

Pulled equifax report directly. Equifax is correct but the basis upon which the FICO is scoring is not. Spoke to someone at FICO three tiers up the customer service chain. Terrific gal but was as perplexed as me. Though that the score may have been tied into some older items that are no longer reporting and asked that I give it 4 - 6 weeks to flush through the system. IMHO, this is too important to consumers nationwide to be classified as an oops. 

Message 4 of 5
Horrace36
New Contributor

Took some effort to fix but score jumped 68 points in three weeks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.