Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uneven Scores on new Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uneven Scores on new Report

I just got my new scores today and they are as follows. TransUnion 592 Equifax 528 Experian 560

I am wanting to buy a home. Would I have any luck on getting approved with numbers like these?

All three reports mirror each other in all the accounts, balances, etc. Why would the Equifax be so much lower than the others?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Uneven Scores on new Report

jnelliott wrote:
I just got my new scores today and they are as follows. TransUnion 592 Equifax 528 Experian 560

I am wanting to buy a home. Would I have any luck on getting approved with numbers like these?

All three reports mirror each other in all the accounts, balances, etc. Why would the Equifax be so much lower than the others?

EQ hates lates.

ETA:  Sorry, sent too quickly.  EQ was historically my LOWEST score.  However, as my lates have aged to 3+ years my EQ is now my highest.  EQ was also the first to dump my 2001 pre-consolidation student loans.  When I was at my worst my EQ was 443 compared to high 400s for EX and TU.

I apologize if you don't have any lates, but that's one thing that EQ seems to really knock people for.

HTH -

-Sleepless Peas

Message Edited by WhirledPeasPlease on 02-14-2008 09:07 PM
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 3
sh9730
Regular Contributor

Re: Uneven Scores on new Report

As for your other question, better placed on the Mortgage forum. Lots of experts over there.  On the surface, your best bet sounds like an FHA loan, but there are other requirements there as well...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.