Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair credit abuse

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfair credit abuse

To make a long story short, If as in my case a child damages someone elses property and the owner decides to sue you being the parent of a minor and responcible for the childs actions in the courts eyes...fair enough I can understand that. But what I can't understand is my credit being affected by this court action even if promptly paid after the court rules in the favor of the plaintif for what 8-10 years into the future? because my child did something wrong? isn't it bad enough I must pay damages to the affected party never mind have my credit score decreased well into the future? For something mind you that was not even in my hands to control. 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unfair credit abuse

or the situation that i have seen many times where a couple splits up, a divorce is filed, and six months later child support is ordered at the first hearing....not only current support but also a judgment for the 6 months time waiting to get to court.  that judgment can be reported.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar incident that my insurance co settled before court. Thank God this never came close to our report.

GT wrote:
To make a long story short, If as in my case a child damages someone elses property and the owner decides to sue you being the parent of a minor and responcible for the childs actions in the courts eyes...fair enough I can understand that. But what I can't understand is my credit being affected by this court action even if promptly paid after the court rules in the favor of the plaintif for what 8-10 years into the future? because my child did something wrong? isn't it bad enough I must pay damages to the affected party never mind have my credit score decreased well into the future? For something mind you that was not even in my hands to control. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

To make the situation even worst is that the only possible fix is a class action lawsuit against the credit reporting agencies for filing judgements such as this against those who are unfortunate enough to be in this type of situationSmiley Sad
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.