cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique situation here i have never been late on my small mortgage but lender asked me to settle

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Re:

Hi Robert,

Are you saying that if I settle my mortgage account and they report to the credit reporting agencies as settled for less than full, I should not see an impact to my credit score? I think this is what I am reading. Please confirm.

Jenny

Message 11 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Re:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Robert,

Are you saying that if I settle my mortgage account and they report to the credit reporting agencies as settled for less than full, I should not see an impact to my credit score? I think this is what I am reading. Please confirm.

Jenny

Unfortunately any notation of "settled" on an account is scored the same as a charge off. It doesn't matter whether it's paid in full or not. Scoring looks at the word "settled". But under a manual review it will look better to have a debt paid off.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.