Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpaid Chargeoff Checking Account reported on Trans Union, Equifax, & Experian

tag
xecutioner
Established Member

Unpaid Chargeoff Checking Account reported on Trans Union, Equifax, & Experian

I have an unpaid checking account that was chargeoff back in 2007 from Wachovia bank. Supposed checking account should be reported to ChexSystem, therefore, is it legally for this checking account to be reported on Trans Union, Equifax, & Experian??? The Collection Agency agreed to settle for deletion. Will it benefit me in anyway if I were to settle for this debt. (I did request from the CA in writing that once paid, it should be deleted. I'm just waiting to receive the letter in the mail.)

Here is one from Trans Union:

Checking acct reported on major 3 bureaus

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Unpaid Chargeoff Checking Account reported on Trans Union, Equifax, & Experian

ChexSystem is not a CRA.

If you legitimately owe a debt, the creditor, be they an OC of a CA, can report that debt to a CRA.

You are using both the terms charge-off and colllection.  They are different.  A charge-off is reported by an OC,, whereas a CA is reported by a debt collector.

Do you have both a CO and CA in your CR?

Message 2 of 5
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Unpaid Chargeoff Checking Account reported on Trans Union, Equifax, & Experian

Is Wachovia Bank reporting this as well ?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 3 of 5
xecutioner
Established Member

Wachovia reported on my CheSystem.

RJM Aquisitions LLC reported on my TU, EQ, EX credit reports.

Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, if your PFD was modeled after the ones in here and if you have a response in writing, then you are all set. RJM almost always accepts PFDs.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.