Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unscoreable?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unscoreable?

Last 3 months I've been establishing credit. I currently have one CC(Cap1). Last month Cap1 reported to the bureau's(took them about 2 months) and my vantage score jumped drastically. A week later I signed up for myfico subscription to view my fico score. It's the 3rd month now, cap1 reported to the bureaus and I received an alert for Equifax and TransUnion my "balance on all your card(s) decreased by $25" but they were unscoreable. I received the same alert for Experian but +14 increase in score with an update date below it. EQ and TU no update date. I thought every month I should be receiving an update?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Kree
Established Contributor

Re: Unscoreable?

I believe it can take up to 6 months before they start scoring you reliably.  Give it a little more time.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so I just read "in order to receive a valid fico score, the credit report must have - 1. Atleast one account opened for six months or more and 2. At least one account reported to the credit bureaus within the past six months. I guess I have to wait another 3 months to see an update or could I purchase 1 single report, will I see the updated score?
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No point of purchasing another report since it can take 6 months to update my fico score so I pretty much answered my own question. I'm just confused, EX shows an updated date of 1/25/18 below my score but EQ and TU still shows a date of 12/24/18. Even though there's no score to update shouldn't the date update anyways?
Message 4 of 13
Kree
Established Contributor

They won't all update on the same day. Most people say EX will usually get updated first. Give it a week to 10 days.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll wait another week, I just thought it takes 2-4 days after statement closing date. My closing date was the 20th.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like:

(a) Your oldest account is three months old (or thereabouts).

(b) You purchased a subscription to myFICO Ultimate 3B.

Is that right?

If so, I'd cancel the myFICO subscription and just use tools that you give you your reports for free.  Even after you become eligible for FICO scores (at month 6) I would not resubscribe to myFICO, since it is costly and your profile is so young.  There are far cheaper ways to get your FICO 8 scores, which is likely all you need right now.  The exception would be if you wanted to buy a house in the next six months.  Then it might make sense to resubscribe to myFICO at month 7.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

(A) Oldest account is 11 years. When I say establishing, I mean it's been acouple years since applying for new credit.

(B) Yes, next update shows 3/27. I thought 3B gave me monthly score updates. If not, why did my EX score update.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for ignorance, just trying to fully understand. I'm so use to CK updating weekly.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a new account that has reported to all three bureaus, and an older account also on all three bureaus, then you should be eligible for a FICO score.

It sounds like (if I am understanding you and Kree correctly) you have not confirmed that the new account has appeared on all three reports yet.  As Kree mentions, a creditor can report an account to all three bureaus on the same day, and yet one bureau might take a week longer than the others to get the new account into its database.

Hard to know for sure what is happening since I am not sure what tools you are using and what myFICO package you might have.  Certainly Kree's advice to wait a while sounds like it makes sense.  Best wishes...

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.