cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Up 5 and down 5 points all at the same time. Don't think I'll ever understand fico scoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Up 5 and down 5 points all at the same time. Don't think I'll ever understand fico scoring

I got an alert yesterday that my Experian scores went up 5 points because I had a 50 dollar balance report on same club mc and 69 report on Lowes.  But today I got an alert that my Equifax scores when down 5 points because of the same changes.    Very weird.  Only thing different is that I do have A Badcock Furniture account that has 38% utilization on Equifax.   Very weird.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Up 5 and down 5 points all at the same time. Don't think I'll ever understand fico scoring

@Anonymous wrote:

I got an alert yesterday that my Experian scores went up 5 points because I had a 50 dollar balance report on same club mc and 69 report on Lowes.  But today I got an alert that my Equifax scores when down 5 points because of the same changes.    Very weird.  Only thing different is that I do have A Badcock Furniture account that has 38% utilization on Equifax.   Very weird.

Seen that before with balance changes between EX and EQ, I don't read much into it yet, unfortunately I don't get enough datapoints on EX to really try to analyze it as I don't have swings in my reported balances that would trigger reports on a regular basis.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.