Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Up 76 points - thanks to this forum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Up 76 points - thanks to this forum

I had an erroneous derog from 4 years ago removed from my record this past week.  I also got my UTL down from 35% to 4%.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I got my first alert from SW today....and much to my surprise and delight, my score jumped 76 points!!!  From 655 last week to 731 this week.

And I owe it all to you folks on this forum.  I knew about credit scores, but had no idea I could monitor them, and could take an active role in credit score repair.  That derog had been on my record since '04.

This is just in time as I just applied for my mortgage on my new home.

Again, thank you all for great tips.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Up 76 points - thanks to this forum

That is excellent Buster. Wow. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

In 2004 I was at 700 + now am climbing up from 580 , paying down that DTI and pif really boosts your score quickly.     that higher CS will more than pay for your score watch  subscription. way to go
Message 3 of 5
frugal
New Contributor

Awesome news Buster25.  If there are more things that need to be cleaned up on CR, please do so and tell us the results.  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by frugal on 05-16-2008 01:03 PM
Message 4 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats buster. Keep pushing ahead. Keep that uti under 10% and let the accounts age. Your scores will continue to rise.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.