Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Up 80 pts on EX!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Up 80 pts on EX!

I mentioned this in a previous post on a CC forum, but I thought I'd post here for more feedback.

I was surprised that my Ex went up 80+ pts (from 651 to 733) with the falling off of a 7yo CO. TU went up around 25 pts, and I haven't checked Eq because the baddie is still there (grrr!).  I've read many times that baddies matter less in FICO scoring as time goes on.  That mode of thought seems a little at odds with my results. 

Maybe it's because the CO "seemed" more recent for FICO purposes because the TL was updated once last year??  Incidentally, when that happened, I lost about 85 pts on my Ex score.    Maybe I just answered my own question?!  Then again, the TL was not updated on either TU or Eq though, but I experienced a nice jump (albeit less dramatic) on Tu as well.  Hmmm...

Message Edited by lurknomore on 08-12-2008 10:04 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: Up 80 pts on EX!

If that CO was your only CO, then the big jump makes sense. There is precedence for such a large bump when your last CO drops off.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 6
johnpalley
Established Contributor

lurknomore , did the deletion help your utilization or was the balance on the account 0 before deletion?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

johnpalley wrote:
lurknomore , did the deletion help your utilization or was the balance on the account 0 before deletion?

It was my only CO, and it was for an installment loan.  Are installment loans factored into utilization? 

Even if yes, it would have only affected my overall utilization by a few percentage points as I now have a nice amount of available credit.  Of course the utilization on that one account would have been 100%, I suppose??

Message Edited by lurknomore on 08-12-2008 01:59 PM
Message 4 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

The only baddie on my report was a 6.75 year old Collection - +50 points went it aged off
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Yes, lurk and MV show the good part of rebucketing. You lose that last CO or collection, and everything else is in good shape, and your scores jump up to where they ought to be.

Congrats!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.