Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Scores got hammered this month

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Update: Scores got hammered this month

I didn't  have very good timing this month and all reports reported zero balances on my cc's..  EX hit me for 25 points,  827 --> 802,  and EQ hit me for 12 points  828 --> 816.   Nothing else new on my reports  I don't app for new accounts and I have the same ol boring reports so this is a hit from just having zero balances.  Have not heard from TU yet.   I hate these hits because I never get all of my points back like others do.  It always takes me 3 -4 months before I can recoup my losses.  Up until today,  the largest point loss for zero balances in the past was a 19 point loss.  Just passing along the info to those who are interested.  

UPDATE:   Well for the first time ever,  I got all of my points back and then some after Amex reported a balance on my reports.  EQ up to 832,  a gain of 4 points,  EX up to 829,  a gain of 2 points.  TU  at  840,  no gain,  back to where I was.  Believe me when I say I will be careful not to have a zero balance across the board again.  Again,  passing along the info for the number crunchers out there. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Scores got hammered this month

Thanks for providing the data points. It does suck to lose ground on a metric such as a credit score. Get out there and spend for utilization!

It does not sound like you are going to be applying for any new credit so it should not be a problem. You are still in the right 'bucket' so to speak.

Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Scores got hammered this month

Huh, I had the same issue and on EQ 08 lost identical points (12) as you at a far lower score.

Interesting to me at any rate given that usually dings are magnified the prettier you happen to be credit wise; lost 11 on EX 08 and 12 on TU 08 for reference too.  

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.