Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updates

I dont know if i keep reading over it and not processing it but i cant find the frequency of updating the FICO scores. is it better to pull mid month or first of the month? can anyone guide me to that info since its probably right there in my face and i keep missing it.

Thanks in advanced.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Updates

Find out when all of your tradelines report during each month and pull 2 weeks after that to make sure.
Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Here's when my stuff reports, including mortgages and student loans (most may vary a day or two either way): the 5th, the 8th, the 12th, the 18th, the 25th, and three on the last day of the month, including weekends. And the trick is to make sure that the CRA's have gotten around to actually posting the fool things. Once they have, you can pull. (You need a credit monitoring service like TC to figure this out, obviously.)

So good times for me to pull are around the 2nd of the month, or maybe between the 18th and the 25th. Adjust for your own CCC's schedule. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Here's when my stuff reports, including mortgages and student loans (most may vary a day or two either way): the 5th, the 8th, the 12th, the 18th, the 25th, and three on the last day of the month, including weekends. And the trick is to make sure that the CRA's have gotten around to actually posting the fool things. Once they have, you can pull. (You need a credit monitoring service like TC to figure this out, obviously.)

So good times for me to pull are around the 2nd of the month, or maybe between the 18th and the 25th. Adjust for your own CCC's schedule. Smiley Wink

I have all my CC's cut between the 1st and 4th for ease of payment and use while my car loan cuts on the 25th. Easier that way for me.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.