Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use your experience to be my simulator

tag
mamabear
New Contributor

Use your experience to be my simulator

Based on the following, can you tell me what kind of increase I am likely to see please?

1)  Over the next 2 months I will have 7 credit cards paid from 100% utilization down to 10%.

2)  I have one account marked paid on TU and EX and derogatory with EQ.  I have disputed and let's suppose that is changed to paid (EQ is the one I am most interested in)  It is paid by the way.

3)  I have two incorrect 30 days late on an account that should be fixed soon.

4)  I pay all my bills on time.

5)  I get 2 PFD on collection accounts.

Some of this is for sure and some is hopeful.  Please give me an idea of score increase based on your own experiences.  I need something to hope for!  
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Use your experience to be my simulator

What are your current scores?
Message 2 of 11
mamabear
New Contributor

EQ-512
EX 520
TU 530
Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

My guess is low to mid 600s.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My guess ummmm 610 - 620
Message 5 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I concur.  But there could well be a slow but steady increase month by year if you keep everything clean.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 11
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

My experience....depending on the age of the collections...10 -30 pts each when deleted.  If you have 2 accts that are currently showing a 30 late and those are now current (and not closed by grantor) maybe 10 pts there.  From 100% util to 10% util across 12 months....shows 1 more year in age AND reduction in util....I give 60 to 80 pts here.

I say 650 - 680 next year.

Oh, and BTW, my EQ 12 mo ago was 486 is currently 589 with 90% util and 1 new (incorrect to be deleted) collection....EX and TU were 520s a year ago...currently 655 and 659 respectively.  I lost 60 pts maxing out the cards...pay those puppies off and guess where my score will be?

That much of an increase is possible.

Message Edited by Momof5 on 05-22-2007 03:19 PM
Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
PCR20
Regular Contributor

mamabear wrote:
... I have one account marked paid on TU and EX and derogatory with EQ....

This sounds familiar.
Seems EQ is having a lot of problems with mis-marked accounts the last few months.

I agree with mid 600's

Starting Score: 05/12/2007 was 724 average on all 3
Current Score: 02-10-2017 EQ=839 EX=837 TU=832
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Util, as well documented here, will give you a big bang for the buck in points. Hopefully you have some accounts in good standing to counteract those PFD's you hope to get. If those collections accounts are old revolving, sometimes it can actually ding you to get them removed you because it re-ages your credit file.
Message 9 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I was under the strong impression that lates are far worse than high util.  I have read posts where people had scores of 730 or so and had only one baddie, a 30 day late and their scores dropped to around 650.  Any ideas here?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.