Frequent Contributor
money_talks

Util under 9% when applying

I know you achieve the best FICO score when you report a balance on all but one CC and let that balance be under 9%. My question is, is there a big difference from say 9% balance reported to a 1% balance reported?

I plan on applying for a CC soon and don't want to pay to go below 9% if it is not worth it.

09Lexie

Re: Util under 9% when applying

The exact figure will be different for each credit profile. My sweet spot is actually 7% but apping at 12-15% has not harmed my chances of approval with the best terms.
Frequent Contributor
money_talks

Thanks 09Lexie. I guess I wil have to do some experimenting in the future to see what my sweet spot is. For now I will apply with util at 9%.

09Lexie

Established Contributor
tonyjones

So if you have four CC. You want a balance on one card only at let's say 8% and the rest be at 0%? 

Gardening from July 2014 ... to September 2016

09Lexie

@tonyjones

Yes, though the 1-10% can vary based on your profile.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+