Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilisation Game Plan ????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Utilisation Game Plan ????

So if you sign up with CCT, do you get all the 3 credit report and scores pull from each bureaus one time each a month ?

Which report and score do you access daily update with CCT ?

Thanks again

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the way it works is that, once per month, CCT enables you to pull your credit report and credit score from Equifax and TransUnion.  The score is the FICO 8 Classic.

With Experian you pull a new report and score as often as once per day.

I am not a CCT subscriber, however, so I can't say for sure.

Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thank you so much

Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two more thoughts about CCT:

(1)  A while back, CCT allowed you to pull your TU and EQ report/score up to 3 times per month.  They changed that (last fall?) to once per month.  If you decide to do a search here on the Forum for Credit Check Total, you will find posts that say 3 times a month but that is out of date.

(2)  Posts here on the forum will give you some tips on how to cut your CCT cost in half.  I think the approach is to sign up for the 7-day free trial, get all your reports and scores, and then call them on day 5 and say you want to cancel.  I believe their customer service reps are trained to offer you a monthly membership at 50% off.  Read the posts here on the forum about it.

Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just sign up wit CCT today and called the 2 hours later to cancel and the offer me the $ 14.99 for 12 month so I take the deal.

Looks like the scores I see on their site matches the scores I puled fro MyFico.com which is good for now to see that will how they update later and if it will match again next couple month .

Thanks again

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best of luck!

Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, for the help.

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHEN  YOU SAID  :  Let the Amex 7k card report a balance of $600 or less, and let the other 3 cards report a zero balance.

One more question please so when you say let the other 3 cards report zero balance DO you mean the statement balance report zero or the entire balance on the card.

For example right now my statement balance right now on one card is $ 95.00  and the TOTAL balance $ 147.00   so witch one I pay off  the statement balance or the total balance   IF i WANT MY SCORES TO GO UP ?

Thanks again

Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

You want to pay off the statement balance in entirety -- not just the "Amount Owed" at the top of the last statement.

The idea here is that you want the amount that the card issuer REPORTS to be $0 (for most of your cards) and then with the one remaining card you want it to REPORT a comparatively small (but positive) amount, such that your total utilization is under 5%.  "Report" here means "the amount that the credit card company is reporting to the three credit bureaus."

Earlier in the thread I asked:

Do you understand how to control the amount that a card reports?  As TT observes, you can use a particular card quite a lot and still make it report $0 to the credit bureaus.  Let us know if this isn't 100% clear.

I am guessing from your last post that this idea is not 100% clear to you: i.e a CCC reporting what your balance is and how you can control that.

If so, let the folks on this thread know and we'll explain it to you.  It's better for you to understand how things work rather than memorizing a command from someone on the thread (do X Y or Z).

Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry I still don't get it.

Give an example with amount ?

For example like I said my statement balance due for 4/16  is $ 90  , the minimum due is $ 25.00  on 4/16, but my total balance I own on the card $ 130.00   so you saying I should pay the $ 90.00 which is the statement balance due before or on the 4/16 ?

If I pay the statement due balance than they credit card company they should report $ 0 balance is that correct ?

Thanks again

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.