Did you mean: 

Utility Bills on CR??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Utility Bills on CR??

jackg wrote:
dragracer,

I live in Michigan and, DTE is my natural gas supplier. They began reporting to all 3 CRA's in June 2006 (approx.). The category under which it falls is "other". From what I see it does not effect utilization, and it's a continually updated number each month. Your current statement balance is what's reported. While I haven't been able to identify a down side to this I haven't been able to find an upside either, other than an aging tradeline.

I suppose the only downside would be that if you DO ever get into a tight spot, that's one more bill that cannot be safely put off for a couple of months, as the ramifications will be more severe than if you are a little late on, for example, your cable bill.

Message Edited by cheddar on 01-03-2008 11:23 AM

Message Edited by cheddar on 01-03-2008 11:23 AM
Message 21 of 43
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Junejer wrote:
Peas:

TU has always hated me. Even when I had all scores in the 700s, TU's was always the lowest. I wish I could borrow a few points from EQ to give to TU. Smiley Surprised)

Yikes!! Why the difference in scores?

jaybee, the only difference in reporting from EX & TU are the utilities. I had some lates (long story on another thread) and yada, yada, yada I'm 113 points lower on TU than EX. The other explanation is that TU truly hates me.Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 43
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

cheddar, you hit the nail on the head. There is a moritorium on shutting off gas in the winter here, and our utility company is pretty expensive. So, if one were to get into a tight spot, people put off paying their gas bill a month or so in the winter, because it can't get turned off. WE-Energies' solution to that...TU reporting baby! Too many CRs here have derogs from WE-Energies.

Message 23 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

ByrdMan wrote:
cheddar, you hit the nail on the head. There is a moritorium on shutting off gas in the winter here, and our utility company is pretty expensive. So, if one were to get into a tight spot, people put off paying their gas bill a month or so in the winter, because it can't get turned off. WE-Energies' solution to that...TU reporting baby! Too many CRs here have derogs from WE-Energies.

You have to admit, that's pretty clever of them.  A creative way to get people to pay their bills when they're precluded by law from discontinuing service.

Message 24 of 43
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Very smart of them cheddar. But, when you are still joint on the account with the ex...Smiley Sad They wouldn't take me off of the account, even after I established my own account at my new place. ?!?!?

Message 25 of 43
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

ByrdMan wrote:
Very smart of them cheddar. But, when you are still joint on the account with the ex...Smiley Sad They wouldn't take me off of the account, even after I established my own account at my new place. ?!?!?

Can they legally refuse to take you off of an account? That's pretty astonishing, to be stuck with another person's utilities, even when you're no longer related!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 26 of 43
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Hauling, it didn't sound legal to me, but my name was still on the County records, so until the house got out of my name...they eventually took me off, but I am stuck with a bunch of 90s. I am going to GW them to see what happens. It has been my experience with this particular monopoly that they are very rigid (as they are never wrong). Yeah right.

Message 27 of 43
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Don't know if it would do any good, but as a utility, there is some sort of oversight committee on the city or county level. You might check the government pages of your phone book and call the county, and ask who monitors the gas company. Maybe someone would be more interested in a voter than in a rate-payer! Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 28 of 43
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Hauling, at this point, I am willing to try almost anything to "haul" my TU score up. It's amazing that those little bastages (sorry) are costing me about 100 points in my FICO right now. I am about to adopt the ski mask method of FICO fixin'.Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't feel bad byrdman TU hates me as well.

TU is telling me I don't have enough debt experience. I am not sure what else I am lacking.
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.