Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilization.......TOTAL or per CARD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utilization.......TOTAL or per CARD

I know both are considered by FICO scoring, but which is more important? Im wondering how bad its hurting peoples score to put all of their credit card balances on one card that offers a nice BT rate, as opposed to leaving the balances spread among the cards.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

both

zachzchw wrote:
I know both are considered by FICO scoring, but which is more important? Im wondering how bad its hurting peoples score to put all of their credit card balances on one card that offers a nice BT rate, as opposed to leaving the balances spread among the cards.

If your overall utilization is above 30% you will take a bigger hit.  I noticed on my report today that even though my overall utilization is about 14% (until my last card reports) I keep getting a message stating to decrease utilization to less than 35%.  I have one card reporting at 51% still as the result of an 80% BT.  Once I get that under 35 I'll see what she looks like them.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.