Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilization & score increase??

tag
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Utilization & score increase??

tyvm for the info!!  Hopefully I will get the boost I need this month.  I guess if not then I will be waiting until June to make loan application.  I just need to make this move ASAP...it's so frustrating!  I know what you mean about being laid off sucks.  That is what caused my credit mess too.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 11 of 14
MizzB
Regular Contributor

If its critical to have your updated score, can you pay to have a rapid rescoring done through your lender?
*********************************************************************************
Current Score (04/20/20): EQ:673; TU: 691; EX: 688 (FICO)
Starting Score (01/20/17): EQ:511 (FICO); TU: 521 (FAKO)
CapOne QS MC: $10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $14.5K | OpenSky Visa: $500 | Green Dot MC $300 | Green Dot MC2: $300 | AMEX Gold CC: NPSL | AMEX Platinum CC: NPSL | Amex Gold Delta Skymiles: $3k | DiscoverIT Chrome: $5.6K
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also "dispute" balances online directly through the CRA's which has no cost.  In the past I have had them respond with updates within days to a couple weeks.  Each CCC will be a little different in response time.

This is a valid dispute since the reported balance is in fact inaccurate.

Message 13 of 14
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

So everything has been updated on my report now (see scores below)  I am down to 81% utilization on 3 cards.  I paid off JCP today and will be paying off the visa at the end of the month and will have the MC down to 1% next month.  Do you think I will get another 30 points by doing that?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.