Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS 3.0 factors

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

VS 3.0 factors

Saw this looking through my Alliant account but hadn't paid it any attention, had theorized paid liens and paid collections were discounted but there's not any mention of my 30/60 lates either from my old, closed BOFA tradeline.

1. The date that you opened your oldest account is too recent
2. Lack of sufficient credit history
3. Lack of sufficient relevant real estate account information
4. The total of all balances on your open accounts is too high
5. The number of inquiries was also a factor, but effect was not significant

Anyone else mind posting their factors if they can be found for reference?  Mine looks suspiciously gold-plated other than the admittedly short credit history and was sitting at 768 according to Alliant from their March 2015 data.

        
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: VS 3.0 factors

Here is a link to the FICO guide to score reasons.

http://www.scoreinfo.org/overview-of-fico-scores/fico-score-factors-guide/

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@AndySoCal wrote:

Ah this is for Vantage Score, looking for comparisons from that to see if things like paid tax liens and paid collections and what not can be confirmed as not counting under VS 3.0.

My apologies for not being clear.

        
Message 3 of 6
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@AndySoCal wrote:

Ah this is for Vantage Score, looking for comparisons from that to see if things like paid tax liens and paid collections and what not can be confirmed as not counting under VS 3.0.

Don't know about VS3 but I scored just over 900 in the older VS2 range with a paid tax lien, paid collections and thin file. FICOs were around 670 at the time.Lien was removed prior to VS3 so I have no experience with that.

Another reference point is that VS3 does apparently factor in whether a CC is secured or not. I saw that somewhere buried on the VS official site. Including secured status is not neccesarily a negative and it's possible it even helps. At the time both my CCs were secured with CLs of 10k and 25k so it might also be considering the CL size.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 4 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@cashnocredit wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@AndySoCal wrote:

Don't know about VS3 but I scored just over 900 in the older VS2 range with a paid tax lien, paid collections and thin file. FICOs were around 670 at the time.Lien was removed prior to VS3 so I have no experience with that.

Another reference point is that VS3 does apparently factor in whether a CC is secured or not. I saw that somewhere buried on the VS official site. Including secured status is not neccesarily a negative and it's possible it even helps. At the time both my CCs were secured with CLs of 10k and 25k so it might also be considering the CL size.

Now that's interesting.  I got as close to confirmation as possible from FICO that the secured tag doesn't matter to them: they had it listed on their mobile app a while back, I raised it to the FICO folks here, they got it straightened out and removed from the app.  I only have my old DCU secured left at 2K and I'm likely going to get rid of that somewhere between 2 and 14 months from now and I'm guessing it's not a substantial factor.  

I haven't looked at the VS released literature, I just know there's a few people with Alliant loans here that can get the factors from their accounts too and maybe something interesting could come out of it.  Appreciate the insight!

        
Message 5 of 6
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

This was from a couple of months after I added more apps than I want to think about.  Three of which were Amex with a 21 year MSD.  All of the Amex were reporting, but there may have been one or two CC's that were not reporting.   I "only" had 7 EX INQ's (all in the last 12 months). 

VS 3

March 2015
1. You have too many inquiries on your credit report.
2. You have too many accounts that were opened recently
3. Lack of sufficient credit history on bankcard or revolving accounts
4. The date that you opened your oldest account is too recent

EX-08

Your credit score: 809
Date: 04/02/2015
Scores range from a low of 300 to a high of 850
Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:
1. You have too many inquiries on your credit history
2. Lack of sufficient credit history on bankcard or revolving account
3. You have too many accounts that were recently opened
4. The date you opened your oldest account is too recent

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.