Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vantage Score 70 pt drop!

tag
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Vantage Score 70 pt drop!

In the past month my Vantage score on Credit Karma has dropped by a whopping 70 points! My actual FICO score during that time though has gone UP by 9 points.

Do you think Vantage changed some part of their formula? This seems like to drastic of a drop to be anything else. The only real change on my report is that one of my unused cards had a balance increase.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
roastbeans
New Contributor

Re: Vantage Score 70 pt drop!

why would you be concerned about the credit karma and their vantage score? its a fako score generated by their own system.its doo dooooo,I do believe tho their score is somewhat close to TU.

Message 2 of 5
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

I  am not so much worried about it as very shocked. I couldn't believe that it would change that much overnight without some change in their formulations. Made me think that maybe they had done something to make it more closely resembe a true FICO score.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 3 of 5
roastbeans
New Contributor

They do seem to make a big fuss out of any little change in your credit report.I  had one inquiry from barclay(to TU) a week ago and they dropped 20 points off my score there.Ridiculous formulation, if they indeed changed it.

Message 4 of 5
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@roastbeans wrote:

They do seem to make a big fuss out of any little change in your credit report.I  had one inquiry from barclay(to TU) a week ago and they dropped 20 points off my score there.Ridiculous formulation, if they indeed changed it.

same here but CK  scores are just for fun ... their scores do the oposite of Fico Smiley Happy at least in my case. but I like the free access of the report..rest is really just a joke. the best example is their card approval odds.. within the same day it can be "fair" and "very good" for the same card and this without any changes on the report... 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.