Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vantage Score?

tag
shols44
Frequent Contributor

Re: Vantage Score?

CK offers free daily vantage scores. Why would anyone pay for it? 

As a general rule, IGNORE ALL FAKOS ALL THE TIME! It is mere conincidence that your FAKOs are close to your FICO's so far.

Just Ignore them, ALWAYS!

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 11 of 22
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Don't be too taken by FICO marketing.  As it says on this site:

90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

i.e. once you have paid for your score here, in 10% of the cases, your lender will see potentially a very different score.   And this understates the issue.  The score here is one particular version of FICO, your lenders might be used credit-card-enhanced, auto-enhanced etc versions of FICO, so even though it falls into the 90%, it is a different score.

And, in particular, the TU score available here is more or less a FAKO, as very very few lenders now use that version.  Walmart gives its cardholders the more modern version.

Message 12 of 22
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Walmart gives you TU08. TU04 is the more prevalent score. I don't think you can get TU04 other than through a lender.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 22
starry1
Valued Contributor

@hardworkrebuilding wrote:

Any idea how Vantage Score compares?

I don't think a vantage score is worth the pixels they burned to show it to you.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 14 of 22
chnceit
Valued Contributor

My CK Vantage score is 811 Smiley Very Happy

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 15 of 22
ready13
New Contributor

right, i had the same happen to me and since last year had some difficulty with the printing then and there of the printable option before you opt out of your credit report( not credit score) then i saved the printable version which you can easily transfer into a pdf as an option depending on the printer/pc/ how you access the free annual credit report web site. You can also get the free month option, which gives you 30 days of credit check on their site with the credit scoring but have to give credit card number before viewing and cancel account before the 14-15 day period before they charge the account iinfo provided to open with. I did this and also had the chance to print and copy the info provided on the web page which was very helpful and the people helping me with customer service through the vantage scoring comp. were very gracious and helpful to me,Smiley Wink  i was satisfied with the help. The free annual credit report is offered only as a means for people who do not have a monthly tracker service that they pay to view their report and make any needed changes or corrections to their report without having to pay, As a law this had to be opted by the bureaus but is not for people to view their score that is an extra which is why you have the option to pay/donate/open account etc. if you wish to go further with that.To dispute any options or mistakes you do not need to purchase anything.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, but my Citi Credit Monitor scores are nearly identical to MyFico scores. For example my CCM EQ=761 and MyFico = 762 . The TU is different by a total of 3 points, and have been for months. I've been using Citi Monitor for a long time and I find their service quite good for my purposes. Credit Karma is actually different by 2 points as compared to MYfico =772 , now that is suprising, but again, I find their sevice acceptable too. I pay my bills on time, don't mess with my credit (too much) and my scores stay pretty constant. I do expect them to go up over the course of 12 months as some debt is eliminated.

Citi Credit Monitor: Good service for $8.95 p/m.

Credit Karma: Good service for free.

One note though: I tried that Quizzle site for the heck of it and got a score of 702. Way off.

Message 17 of 22
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, but my Citi Credit Monitor scores are nearly identical to MyFico scores. For example my CCM EQ=761 and MyFico = 762 . The TU is different by a total of 3 points, and have been for months. I've been using Citi Monitor for a long time and I find their service quite good for my purposes. Credit Karma is actually different by 2 points as compared to MYfico =772 , now that is suprising, but again, I find their sevice acceptable too. I pay my bills on time, don't mess with my credit (too much) and my scores stay pretty constant. I do expect them to go up over the course of 12 months as some debt is eliminated.

Citi Credit Monitor: Good service for $8.95 p/m.

Credit Karma: Good service for free.

One note though: I tried that Quizzle site for the heck of it and got a score of 702. Way off.

That's interesting. I have the Citi credit(ID) monitor as well and their "scores" have always tracked very closely to EQ FICO within about 5 points or so even with baddies. Right now they are identical.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 18 of 22
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

My VantageScore increased a bit to 880 on the same day EQ FICO dropped for no obvious reason over 50 points to 703. It will be interesting to see it Citi's Credit Monitor tracks the unexplained FICO score drop since it has followed FICO so closely. It will be 3 weeks before I can find out since I just pulled it last week.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Major-drop-FICO-now-lower-than-2-years-ag...

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 19 of 22
nyancat
Established Contributor

VantageScore is a competing model. The "FAKOs" are scores only sold to consumers, not lenders. The VantageScore isn't such a score.

But you can get TU VantageScore free from CreditKarma. It's interesting, and certainly not useless. 

Also, the people who say the scores have no relation to FICO are wrong. They're all meant to predict risk. IF they're all good at that, then even if they're using totally different data, they should be highly correlated. Otherwise, they're not reliable measures of risk.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.