Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variance between FICO and CRA reported score

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Variance between FICO and CRA reported score

I have a terrible soft spot for the free credit yada yada commercials. I really loved the one where the guy was singing with his band in his in-laws' basement apartment about how he didn't know that his fiancee had bad credit, and now that they're married, they're stuck. I realize it was pretty mean, and I'm sure that's why they took it off, but the drummer sitting on the commode, getting the bathroom door slammed repeatedly in his face by the p.o.'d wife trying to do laundry, that just made me fall off the couch laughing.

Anyway, pulling myself back on topic, here's where you can get real FICO's:

https://www.transunioncs.com/TCSWeb/createacct/personalInformation1.do  (TU only)

Note that this last one is transunioncs.com.

Everything else is FAKO, period. (Well, OK, other than the products that the you can buy extra reports with the EQ and the TU scores.) So those of us who use TrueCredit and other monitoring services for the reports learn to ignore the scores and the advice that come along with them, because they will mess with your mind and with your scores something fierce.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-05-2008 01:08 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, those commercials from Experian's freecreditreport.com are hilarious, but misleading when it comes to credit scores.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The very first commercial I ever saw in my life regarding credit was back in July or August. But that's when I became fully conscious after coming out of my credit coma. Did they even exist prior to last summer??

I don't know if it's just me or if the consumer is now more than ever, aware of the necessity of having good credit and credit reports. The ads on TV seems to usher in a new area of awareness. And it's a good thing.

Sorry to jack the thread. Now.....back to the topic. Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 17
marty56
Super Contributor

I think my situation would have been fit well with those comercials.  I would be the guy with the bad credit and my poor unsuspecting girl friend should known about all the debt I had but married me anyway and now has to sell her body to the night Roxanne playing in the background.

Lucky for her should found out and dumped me.  Very lucky for me that she did.

As I learned to my sorrow that an increase in a FAKO score doesnt mean an incrase in the FICO score.

I am sorry MyFico, I will never stray again.  Please take me back.

Message Edited by marty56 on 03-05-2008 01:22 PM
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 14 of 17
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Hey Sylvia, they have been around for awhile. I have that idiot that is thinking of a number in my head for quite some time now. Most definitely over a year. But, it's kind of like when you get a new car, you then notice how many others are driving that same car (never knew there were that many red Expeditions on the road).

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

EXACTLY ByrdMan! Well put. And I kinda, sorta remember that ad you're talking about. A year??? Wow, how time flys when you're having fun. Well, it's been right at a year when I came out of the credit coma....February, 2007.
Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 17
lyonstm
Established Member

I too am now realizing the difference between a FAKO and FICO.  FAKO was reporting experian at 637 when FICO says 595... and I wasn't understanding why I couldn't even get a secured credit card.  Im crushed. Smiley Sad
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.