Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Cell Phone Credit Pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon Cell Phone Credit Pull

I have been approved for a loan and my home is in the process of being built.  My goal is to grow my score and not hurt it.  My wife and I were recently married and we both had cell phones on our family plans.  I am about to assume liability for both of our numbers and put them on our own account. 

VZW has told me that it will be a hard pull.   Can anyone shed some light on how that pull will affect my score?  The only other pull I have within the last 6 months is for the mortgae which was was pulled in Sept.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Verizon Cell Phone Credit Pull

Unless your scores are really high, you probably wouldn't even feel it. If so, then maybe a couple. Don't worry, I have 30-something on EX.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon Cell Phone Credit Pull

If you currently both have paperless bills, make sure you turn that off before moving to one account.  Otherwise when they remove your wife's online access she won't be able to see her final bill...and your wife's credit will suffer.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.