cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY IS MY NFCU TU SCORE HIGHER THAN MYFICO???

tag
miltolam
Valued Member

WHY IS MY NFCU TU SCORE HIGHER THAN MYFICO???

Happy Labor Day MyFICO community. Just the other day I received my NFCU nRewards card and they apparently pulled my TU. Just looking over the credit report disclaimer that they provided, it says that as of 8/22, my TU Fico is 664. 2 days prior, I purchased my TU FICO score from this site and it was 648. I don't think anything transpired within those two days but can anyone offer me an explanation why it's so much higher according to NFCU??? I thought your FICO scores on here are supposed to be official. Thanks in advance.

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: WHY IS MY NFCU TU SCORE HIGHER THAN MYFICO???

NFCU pulls EQ for me, and the same version as here.   I didn't know they pulled TU, but if so, it must be a different version.  The MyFICO TU score is old and not used by many lenders.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 5
miltolam
Valued Member

@DaveSignal wrote:

NFCU pulls EQ for me, and the same version as here.   I didn't know they pulled TU, but if so, it must be a different version.  The MyFICO TU score is old and not used by many lenders.

Believe it or not DaveSignal, they pulled my EQ (660) as well but they claimed to pull TU...so confused!!!

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I guess they pulled both then.   TU98 is an old FICO version offered here that is not often used, but better than a FAKO score because it is used occasionally.  I think NFCU probably used TU04, which is the more common TU score of the three different versions available to lenders.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I've seen NFCU pull TU98 previously ( at least for me ) ~ so it should match the score sold here at MyFICO, unless they pulled a different version...... It's certainly possible that they could have pulled a more recent model than TU98.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.