Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WILL I GET THESE POINTS BACK?!

tag
rom828
Established Contributor

WILL I GET THESE POINTS BACK?!

Rec'd scorewatch alert of  -7 points for inquiry on 4-16.

Disputed w/EQ as I had not done  any inqs with the company in question.  I only had 2 apps total for all of 2006 and 2007, and only 3 recently, so I knew exactly with whom I'd  apped.

Received email yesterday  with  dispute resolution and inquiry was removed.

How long before the points show back up?!?! 

I've researched some on the forum but havent been too encouraged by what I've read!! And didn't really see firm answer as to how to dispute  if the points don't get put back in a reasonable time.
(Sure didn't take very long to subtract points!!)

Thoughts and advices are appreciated!!!

Message Edited by rom828 on 04-24-2008 08:53 AM

Message Edited by rom828 on 04-24-2008 08:55 AM
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WILL I GET THESE POINTS BACK?!

I could be wrong but I  have never seen this much of a drop just for 1 ing. Was something else going on with your CR at the time....UTIL of CC? A new CC starting to report?

Also it might take 3-7 days for an update by any monitoring service....they do not get them at the exact day that you do something.
Message 2 of 3
rom828
Established Contributor

Re: WILL I GET THESE POINTS BACK?!

I was quite surprised also at the 7 points.   I got dinged for 2 points each when I added Old Navy and my mortgage in 2007.  The alerts for those showed the   "-points" for new acct, though, not inq.

As advised, I knew the 3 accts I apped for and this inq was not one of them.  Ironically, two days after the -7 alert, I got a +2 alert for a new account (Walmart--one of my inqs) added to my account.  The other 2 apps pulled EX and TU, so this is the only new one on EQ.

The only notation on the -7 points is "1 new inquiry has been added to your credit report" .  I had not done an app with the creditor, so disputed it and EQ removed it.

Maybe I was harder hit on inq points because I haven't apped much at all.  I now have a total of 5 inqs under EQ:  3 on the same day in 08-07 for my mortgage, 1 for Old Navy, and 1 for Walmart.

But I'd still like to get those 7 points back since this was not even a legit inq and EQ removed it.,

Guess I'll just wait to see if I get an alert from Scorewatch telling me the points were added back!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.