Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTH! Lost 73 points in a month.

tag
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

WTH! Lost 73 points in a month.

I'm having trouble breathing. My TU was 758 last month now it is 685! Are you kidding me. EQ was by far always my lowest. Even when the other two were near 780 but ironically this month EQ is 779.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WTH! Lost 73 points in a month.

Did anything change?  Balances?  Lates?  Paid anything off?

Message 2 of 23
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I looked on credit karma. Everything is similar.
In OCT a 30 day late was reported on my brothers account which I'm an AU. So that's been reporting that way for 3 months without a score plummet. I can't imagine it spontaneously happening now? I finally called to be removed this month but it's still reporting as open account & nothing changed with it on TU. Credit karma now offer EQ data too & on that report it's listed as a closed account. I thought when you were removed from an AU account it'd be removed from your report. The whole reason why I called them.
Anyway I made a payment but then did some post xmas shopping so DS reported $1300 instead of $900 something of the previous month. I wouldn't think roughly $400 would make a huge difference.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the scores you posted from CK? If so, you can ingore them.

Message 4 of 23
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are the scores you posted from CK? If so, you can ingore them.

You can definitely ignore CK scores, but one thing that might have caused the apparent plummet is that CK recently changed its TU from a TransRisk (FAKO) score to a Vantage 3 (which is only semi-FAKO, as some banks do use it), so your most recent score probably isn't using the same model as your earlier ones.

Message 5 of 23
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

No it's my fico score or I wouldn't be freaking out. I did everything right so I could app for mortgage. Made myself stay in the garden too. Now when I'm ready this happens.

My credit karma score is 702. For what that's worth. Which isn't much. That's the TU, the EQ CK score is 691.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 6 of 23
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

Maybe rebucketting?

Did you AAoA just cross a certain mark on TU?

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 7 of 23
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

What is rebucketting?
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 8 of 23
HiLine
Blogger

@MoreRewards wrote:
What is rebucketting?

I was planning to write a long post on this, but one other thread distracted me Smiley Happy

In short, rebucketing happens when your credit profile reaches a certain level of maturity that the impact of certain credit scoring factors change.

For example, if your credit history is 2 years old, having 3/4 credit cards reporting positive balances may not suggest a high risk level, so your FICO score may be 750. But when your credit history reaches 5 years old, suddently 3/4 credit cards reporting positive balances indicate a high risk level, so your FICO score drops to below 700. So even if the credit profiles are the same otherwise, the second one may warrant a lower FICO score. 

Message 9 of 23
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@MoreRewards wrote:
What is rebucketting?

I was planning to write a long post on this, but one other thread distracted me Smiley Happy

In short, rebucketing happens when your credit profile reaches a certain level of maturity that the impact of certain credit scoring factors change.

For example, if your credit history is 2 years old, having 3/4 credit cards reporting positive balances may not suggest a high risk level, so your FICO score may be 750. But when your credit history reaches 5 years old, suddently 3/4 credit cards reporting positive balances indicate a high risk level, so your FICO score drops to below 700. So even if the credit profiles are the same otherwise, the second one may warrant a lower FICO score. 

That makes no sense. I mean, no doubt what you said is probably accurate but I don't get it? So a longer history with everything still positive they just yank your score down? For no reason oher than a longer history? I must be missing something.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.