Did you mean: 

WTH! Lost 73 points in a month.

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: WTH! Lost 73 points in a month.

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@MoreRewards wrote:
No I'm not. I know that is supposed to help maximize score but I'm not doing much different utilization wise. Especially for a 73 point drop. I will pay down and see where it leads me.

I understand that you haven't done anything different to cause the score drop.  That's why it was suggested that your problem is rebucketing.  You asked for a way to maximize points, given your current situation and that you're interested in getting a mortgage loan.  

Utilization has no memory.  Thus pay off all credit cards, except one, before statement close dates and allow one card to report less than 10%. If you do this for the month of February, and keep it that way,  then sometime in March or April you'll have close to the highest score you're able to obtain based on your current bucket.

Quoted for truth.

Message 21 of 23
scorewatcher7
Valued Member

Do you have any negatives on your report, old or new?

Message 22 of 23
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@MoreRewards wrote:
My score hasn't been this low in 2 and a half years. I'm worried the EQ & EX scores will follow.

Good news.  Starting today myFICO has a new product available. Their 3Bureau report now provides the most commonly used FICO scores, including mortgage. In addition, it appears that their monitoring and one time reports now provide the data.  Thus, you can buy your report for EQ & EX to see where you stand.   

Personally, I would pay the cards down to less than 10% before statement cut date then wait 15 - 20 days after that to purchase the new product.  Since the monthly 3Bureau is now $25 instead of $19, I may purchase one score per month from the individual agencies or 60 for all three. But I'd wait until after my new utilization and zero balances have had a chance to report to the CBAs.  

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.