Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart score drop......**bleep**

tag
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

Walmart score drop......**bleep**

sorry to rant beyond the april walmart tu score but man I am just FIRED UP. I have been building and building and last month had a 683 prior to paying down over 10k in debt. combined that with no baddies, etc etc I was looking forward to jumping well over 700 this month. Well I open up the newest report.... BAM I dropped 31 points. No new inq nothing. What in the blue blazes is up with that. Pay 10k down, util goes down and we reward you with a 31 points drop. completely and utterly deflated.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart score drop......**bleep**

Rebucketing perhaps?

Message 2 of 9
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

could you explain what that means?

Message 3 of 9
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

@Datx wrote:

Rebucketing perhaps?

Whats that?

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 4 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Maybe your balances haven't updated yet....next month will be better i betSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 9
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

many of them have though. And my balances from last month have only dropped. So I am just baffled why the big score drop

Message 6 of 9
Datx
Valued Contributor

I'm not saying that your drop in score is caused by rebucketing, but its a possibility. Do a search on the forum for rebucketing and it will better explain to you what it means. Below is a thread on rebucketing as an example.

Link

Message 7 of 9
soILseminole
Contributor

that doesnt make sense. i dont know about rebucketing, but are you 100% sure nothing else has changed AND your balances were updated??
Current: |MyFico TU-766| |MyFico EQ-737| |Amex EX-736| (May '13)
Message 8 of 9
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Rebucketing or the FICO concept of scorecards refers to the FICO scoring system grouping people into different categories and then the model switching from category to category. If you switch which scorecard is being used to evaluate your report then the scoring model can change and you can lose or gain points in somewhat unpredictable ways....

Here is an article...

http://www.mint.com/blog/credit/how-does-fico-calculate-your-credit-score-062012/

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.