nickeypoo72

Want to get consolidated loan from a friend to pay off debt - how will it affect my FICO?

My credit history in a nutshell - currently have 2 cc (accounts closed by creditor because I WAS in credit counseling) and 1 charge off that is in collections with LVNV/Resurgent/PRS.  Balances are 1600, 900, and 4200 respectively.  I am pretty sure I could borrow the money from a friend and make payments to him and get all this debt cleared up (which I would love to do because I'm tired of all the phone calls from CA and creditors.)  I could pay off the friend in 2 years.  I used the FICO score simulator to see how it would improve my score doing this action and it only increase my score by 20 points (581 to 601).  If I took the two years and paid the balances down instead, it increased my score by nearly 50 points.  My goal is to purchase a home next year sometime, and wish to increase my credit score in hopes of getting a home loan.  This is so mind boggling, I just want to pay my debts off and buy a house and live happily ever after! 

Would it help if I obtained another line of credit and made monthly payments on that account to increase my credit score?  I hate to do that, as I don't want to fall in the same mess I did before with debt on my credit cards..

Just looking for some credible positive advice.  :smileysurprised:)  THANK YOU!
Established Member
jdeezy

Re: Want to get consolidated loan from a friend to pay off debt - how will it affect my FICO?

Before you open any new accounts , I would handle the old one's first.  If your friend can loan you the money to pay off your debts and not put him or herself in a bind then I would go that route. BUT......
Borrowing money from friends and family can cause a lot of problems, so make sure that you can pay them back like you promised. You don't want to lose a friend or family member over MONEY !

However the positive side to borrowing the money from your friend, it will allow you to get rid of the creditors and save money by not paying a lot of intrest , if any at all. Your credit reports will be able to start the healing process as well...........Good Luck

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}