Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird EQ 15 point drop

tag
ronq
Regular Contributor

Weird EQ 15 point drop

Might be a re-bucket but it's kind of weird. I pulled TU on Feb. 29and on Mar.2 get a SW alert with a -15 score drop. I look and I had Discover report a $192 balance and the alert caught that since it had been at 0 for the last 7 months or so. My UTL never changed from around 1% so I was shocked to see the drop. Nothing else hit a milestone like age, no lates dropped off, no INQs added or dropped. Then on Mar.11 SW told me that it went up 15 points. No other CC have reported since Mar.2. Two others will report in the next 5 days so it's really kind of a mystery why I lost 15 points and then gained them back in 9 days.

Message Edited by ronq on 03-12-2008 04:28 PM
EX. 780 TU 794.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Weird EQ 15 point drop

Do you have a CMS, whereby you pull your reports a lot? It's been told that EQ will start to split files when the information becomes too great for the file to handle (such as "excessive" pulls). One of the tell-tale signs is -15, then +15, etc.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
ronq
Regular Contributor

No I had one when I was correcting some stuff and when I first started monitoring about a year ago, but I've just been using SW and I rotate who I pull about once a month and every 6 months or so I pull all 3. That's why I thought it was strange. EQ is my lowest score by 12 points of so and about 20 from the highest.
EX. 780 TU 794.
Message 3 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Ronq, you have me puzzled.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar experience yesterday with TU. -15 point drop overnight and no alert from TrueCredit, pulled my reports and nothing has changed. I did, however, submit an online dispute w/TU 7 days ago.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at the details of the TL-

It is very common for a OC to mark all 3 CRA's in dispute-

TiffyTBE wrote:
I had a similar experience yesterday with TU. -15 point drop overnight and no alert from TrueCredit, pulled my reports and nothing has changed. I did, however, submit an online dispute w/TU 7 days ago.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.