Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Fico 08 TU scoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird Fico 08 TU scoring

So until 2 days ago my fico 08 tu score has been a 698 for about a month now.  All the sudden it dropped 41 points without any changes to my report at all.  2 days later it's up 42 points to a 699.  What could be the cause of the brief drop in score?  Just a glitch?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Weird Fico 08 TU scoring

How did you confirm that there were no changes to your report?  Did you actually pull the report?

We can't tell you the cause.  There are countless possibilities.  Any score is generated based on the data in the report.  To determine the cause(s) of any scoring change you'd have to carefully review reports from before and after the scoring change.

Message 2 of 8
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So until 2 days ago my fico 08 tu score has been a 698 for about a month now.  All the sudden it dropped 41 points without any changes to my report at all.  2 days later it's up 42 points to a 699.  What could be the cause of the brief drop in score?  Just a glitch?

I have experienced a similar issue on multiple occasions but my score does not "recover" until I purchase a new report.  (There are never any changes in my report to account for the drop)  There seems to be a glitch with TU that I and a few others are still trying to understand.

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 3 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

My TU drops 25 points one day and then gains the 25 points the next day. It's been going on for me for a while.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I pulled the report bc it dropped so much in a day.  Seems I'm not the only one.  i'm just glad it fixed itself sooner than later.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I pulled the report bc it dropped so much in a day.  Seems I'm not the only one.  i'm just glad it fixed itself sooner than later.

Nope, you aren't the only one.

Message 6 of 8
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What The FICO?

Message 7 of 8
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Bankrupt2019 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What The FICO?

This is really crazy.... I hope you plan your apps during "high season"  ...lol

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.