Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird things happening..Please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird things happening..Please help

I've been here researching fico scores for some time so I get the difference between the fakos and the ficos and the pficos, but this baffles me.

I have edged my score bit by bit from low 500's to 700.  Just in the nick of time too because we have the opportunity to purchase a house and need a mortgage.

Everything was fine and dandy and I had my scores here as well as my updates, but still, big surprises from the lender.

They pulled the credit on 1/12 and everything was well, score between 690 and 700.  Then, they pulled it again yesterday to do some additional things with a different department, and they said my score from transunion was 624. 

So, I come here and pull all three scores to see what happened and why I didn't receive a score watch alert and it showed them all around 685, a justifiable score drop because of the pulls.

So, why is transunion reporting a different score to the lender than I'm getting here if what we had was copasetic a week ago?

I should add it's not a credit union, or a broker, just a regular national bank that we hold our checking and 

savings accounts with.

please help.

Message Edited by bill122 on 01-27-2009 01:41 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Weird things happening..Please help

Congrats on the increases!

I'd go back to the lender and ask what score they are using. You'd want to make sure they aren't using a rogue FAKO like a Vantage Score or anything like that.

If it is a FICO, then it could be that they are using a TU '04 version. That formula differs from the one found via myFICO. The one from here is a TU '98 version. Many here have posted lower TU'04 scores than the ones posted here if pulled on the same day. MyFICO will switch to '04 once more than 50% of the lenders switch to '04, which I guess hasn't happened yet.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Weird things happening..Please help

ugg... it's like I know more of what is going on than they do.  I guess I'll ask to see a copy of their report and find out from there.

Do you know if I get the report where on it the information from where it's pulled will be?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.