New Contributor
FICOnater2007

Wells Fargo Pre-Qualified VISA Offer - Hard or Soft Inquiries???

Over the past few months we've gotten a number of "pre-qualified" or "pre-approved" VISA card offers to my business.  I am self-employed and btw the business structure is a Sub-chapter S corporation so the finances are totally separate from our personal stuff...

Anyhow my question is:

DOES ACCEPTING ONE OF THESE OFFERS RESULT IN A HARD OR SOFT INQUIRY ON MY CREDIT REPORT?

The one I have in my hand is from Wells Fargo.  It's for a VISA Business Platinum card and it definately says "You're Pre-Qualified".

Curious...:smileyindifferent:

FICOnater2007
New Contributor
FICOnater2007

Re: Wells Fargo Pre-Qualified VISA Offer - Hard or Soft Inquiries???

I called Wells Fargo's Business department who is open pretty much 24/7.  The young lady I spoke to said it would be a hard inquiry on the personal credit report --- even though the card is for the business account.:smileymad:

FYI...

Good luck to all,

FICOnater2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+