Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells LOC reported a balance of $ 1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells LOC reported a balance of $ 1

I did BT to my new USAA CC and tried to zero out my  Cap One CC and my Wells LOC.

I got my Cap one down to $ o, but Wells added $ 1 of interest after I paid it to $ 0 and the $ 1 balance reported to the CB.

Will this count as an account with a balance?  If so, that is a major bummer since I was trying to get my accounts with a balance down to 3, but now it will be 4.  I read somewhere that you can get a big score boost if you have 3 or fewer accounts with balances.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Wells LOC reported a balance of $ 1

It's not specifically three accounts.

It's half or fewer of ALL your accounts, including loans/ mortgages, and fewer than half of your revolving accounts. That might work out to three in your case, depending on what you have.

The point change isn't dramatic --two points in either direction for me, more for others. If you're in final score-tweaking for something major like a mortgage, it can be maddening though.

Cheer up, it'll be gone next month.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.