Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went a little crazy opening credit cards

tag
jthompson5254
Valued Member

Went a little crazy opening credit cards

Long story short, I went a little crazy opening CCs with better rates because I figured I could close them when I got the one with the better rate. Now I read NEVER close an CC that doesn't cost you anything, most of them have no annual fee.

Anyway, I think $10,000 in new credit in the past month is going to put a red flag on my credit score. Its between 720-730 but thats just because it looks like I paid off my credit cards (transfers) but it doesn't have the new cards on yet to show I still owe money.

So I have the following
1. Firestone with a $1200 limit (current balance $45 is 21.84% No annual fee)
2. DSRM National Bank (Valero Gas Card) with $900 limit  $23 balance Interest 16.99%
No Annual Fee)
3. Chase MC with $2000 limit $0 balance  23.99% no annual fee
4. Chase Visa with $4000 limit with a sub $100 balance 0% till December 2008 then 19.99% No annual fee
5. Capital One with $1000 limit $0  8.79% $39 annual fee
6. BofA with $5000 limit $4100 balance (when all the transfers come thru) 0% till November 2009 then 13.99% variable No annual fee

What should I close? I know the Capital one because of the annual fee but other than that the FAQ says I shouldn't close anything

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Went a little crazy opening credit cards

Don't close any but you might want to remove the application button from your computer. Congrats on the new lines of credit. You might want to start paying them down a little. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.