Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Credit Cards pull Transunion?

tag
Starbuckpga
Established Member

Re: What Credit Cards pull Transunion?

Do they have just a standard credit card I can apply for? I have looked all over their website and haven't found anything...lol.
Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starbuckpga wrote:
Do they have just a standard credit card I can apply for?

Looks like they just have partner cards. A couple of the gas cards give you added benefits when buying gas, but it looks like only at their stations. Gulf and Getty. Couple of others look like regional Gas N Gos.

If all else, you could apply for one with no annual fee or 0% APR on BTs. The Vegas Card has both, but the 0% APR is only for 6 months. National Park Foundation is for 12 months.

There is also a BT fee so factor that in.

Message 12 of 29
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My Osh Kosh Barclays pulled TU. While they seemed like a prime or überprime lender, they gave me a $2500 CL MC when Chase would only give me a $400 CL. Still like Chase, but I like Barclays more.
Barclays has a number of partner cards, 40 as of today, that offer various rewards and benefits from each partner.
And they reported a new positive TL before I even got the CC--which hopefully arrives soon.

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 07-02-2007 11:59 AM

The card came pretty quickly Noah. Never saw an account post to the CRA's that fast though.
Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry wrote:

The card came pretty quickly Noah. Never saw an account post to the CRA's that fast though.

Tell me about it. I got an Email saying "We received your request." Another week or 10 days, and I got an Email saying "You are approved". Next day the new TL hit EX. TU and EQ within a couple of days.
Message 14 of 29
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have had mine a month, they reported the statement balance the day they posted it on the web site and they have already done a soft pull on TU.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 15 of 29
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Target
State Farm Bank
Hooters

as always.. YMMV
Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah_Bodie wrote:

My Osh Kosh Barclays pulled TU. While they seemed like a prime or überprime lender, they gave me a $2500 CL MC when Chase would only give me a $400 CL. Still like Chase, but I like Barclays more.

Barclays has a number of partner cards, 40 as of today, that offer various rewards and benefits from each partner.

And they reported a new positive TL before I even got the CC--which hopefully arrives soon.

What was your TU score at the time?  And does anyone know if there is a difference in the score requirements for each partner card?  I recently applied for the Carnival card.  Got an instant approval, but only $500 limit.  My TU score is 624.

I also have had the same experience with this bank reporting the the CB's.  I applied on 06/23, they reported the new account about 5 days later...still do not have my card!  I'll take the positive tradeline over the card anyway!! :-)

Message Edited by ekuzniar on 07-03-2007 05:57 PM

Message Edited by ekuzniar on 07-03-2007 05:57 PM
Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

LAFCU.com, they're good for cash advances if you ever have an emergency.  No cash advance fee and they charge the same low rate.  In my case, TU FICO 720 $15K CL.  6 month promo 2.5% rate.
Message 18 of 29
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@MidnightVoice wrote:
I have had mine a month, they reported the statement balance the day they posted it on the web site and they have already done a soft pull on TU.

Barclays has already done two soft pulls on my reports since I got my Sea Miles card. I've heard quite a few instances over at CB of Barclays closing newly opened accounts and other instances of severe CLD's. One never knows but I have no reason not to believe these posters. I wouldn't want to lose the limit but if they drop me I won't lose any sleep over it.
Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I looked into the partner cards, the fine print regarding APR's, etc. states the the offers are only good for such and such time and that "and requires that you maintain your current level of credit performance and that timely payments are received."  This is probably the reasons for the soft pulls.  To get people who use a sudden jump in score to apply that is not a true reflection of their score. 
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.