cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the highest FICO scores ever reported on this forum?

tag
seiyafan
Valued Member

Re: What are the highest FICO scores ever reported on this forum?

Recently I did a mortgage preapproval and my Experian score came out to be 836, here's my credit history:

3 open credit cards
1 student loan

1 car loan

Oldest account: 11 years (a CC opened in college)

Average age of accounts: 6 years

hard inquiry : 1

Accounts opened in past year: 1

Never had a mortgage, never had a late payment. You don't need to be old to have a high credit score Smiley Tongue

Message 21 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the brag, but I am super excited to have hit 850 today.  Here's a screenshot that I just took http://i.imgur.com/9jY6DYw.jpg

When I signed up for MyFICO back in June 2006, my score was 636.

Message 22 of 56
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry for the brag, but I am super excited to have hit 850 today.  Here's a screenshot that I just took http://i.imgur.com/9jY6DYw.jpg

When I signed up for MyFICO back in June 2006, my score was 636.

Grin, no apologies necessary!  Is nice to see more people max the scorecard: for analysis purposes would you mind sharing what's basically in your credit report in terms of number and type of tradelines?

Seriously, congrats!

        
Message 23 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see that no one has been on this forum for years..  I had no clue what a very good FICO score was and not sure how I accomplished this but as of yesterday my FICO score is 834. I am looking for a house so my realitor suggested getting my score, when I told her she said it must be wrong.. no one has a FICO score that high.  Last time I checked was about 6 years ago and it was 799.  Thought it would be helpful to share the stats with those trying to improve their score.. I used the same format as previous folks.

FICO score: 834

Total accounts: 41
___14 open credit cards

___1 open mortgage
___23 closed credit cards
___3 closed mortgages

Oldest account: 26 years

Average age of accounts: 9 years

Total late payments: 0

Total credit line of open accounts: $61,400

Total current balance: $2,853

Utilization: 5%

Accounts with current balance: 4

Inquiries in past year: 1

Collections: 0

Public records: 0

Message 24 of 56
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Welcome!

There is a FICO score for each of the three main credit agencies: Equifax (EQ), Transunion (TU) and Experian (EX), and there is a FICO score for each of the main generations: FICO 08 (2008), FICO 04 (2004) and FICO 98 (1998). These are just the classic scores; there are also specialty versions such as FICO auto-enhanced scores. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a score showing how risky you may appear to your mother-in-law. Aren’t you happy you asked?

You get the three FICO 08 scores here at myFICO. The mortgage scores are FICO 04 for EQ and TU and FICO 98 for EX; two of these three and some enhances scores are included in the 3-bureau package.

It’s possible to get 850 for each of the three FICO 08s. Contrary to public opinion and general announcements, it’s not possible to get 850 for any of the FICO 04s or FICO 98s; as an example, 817 is the high that you will see for EQ 04.

Message 25 of 56
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Wow, I was happy seeing my TU score hit 804 yesterday per free Barclay Fico score. I guess I need to work on my scores...lol to keep up with you heavy weights.

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 26 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

At my job, I've seen a few people with 850 credit scores, I work at a CU.
Message 27 of 56
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Would you happen to know which type of FICO score your CU uses?

Message 28 of 56
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

My scores were pulled last October. I doubt they would remain at that level if I pulled today because scores constantly go up and down.

I know of at least two more members here who have reported all 850 scores.

Message 29 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Would you happen to know which type of FICO score your CU uses?

I know we pull EQ almost all the time but I've never seen documentation on the more specific EQ type.

Message 30 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.