cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the highest FICO scores ever reported on this forum?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are the highest FICO scores ever reported on this forum?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

At my job, I've seen a few people with 850 credit scores, I work at a CU.

Would you happen to know which type of FICO score your CU uses?

I know we pull EQ almost all the time but I've never seen documentation on the more specific EQ type.

More than likely it's the Bankcard enhanced version that they use and it has a range up to 900

Message 31 of 56
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@Vegas247 wrote:

Wow, I was happy seeing my TU score hit 804 yesterday per free Barclay Fico score. I guess I need to work on my scores...lol to keep up with you heavy weights.

Can you post your full stats?

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 32 of 56
wmweeza
Established Contributor

Well my scores do normally hover between 780-804 but when I got my AMEX they listed my score as 846! I about fell off my chair. I may just get that as a tattoo...lol

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 33 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Newbie here on this forum although I've occasionally lurked. How accurate is the free Discover Card FICO score? I have an 840 score but haven't checked other FICO sources yet to compare it with. 

Message 34 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome!
Discover gives you your true TU 08 fico score, same as you get from this site.

Congrats that's a great score.

I'm catching up, currently at a respectable 772.
Message 35 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

As of 02-12-15 my fico score is 843, TU 837 and EQ 835. I can't figure out how to obtain perfect scores. I refinanced my home mortgage 6 years ago and my scores were between 817 and 820.

Message 36 of 56
jamie123
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As of 02-12-15 my fico score is 843, TU 837 and EQ 835. I can't figure out how to obtain perfect scores. I refinanced my home mortgage 6 years ago and my scores were between 817 and 820.

Whatever you are doing, keep doing it. Really, any score over 800 is excellent! Getting a perfect 850 would be just for bragging rights.

You would have to tell us more about what information is on your credit reports for us to give you accurate advice to get a perfect score.

How many credit cards?

What are the reported balances versus their credit lines?

How old is your oldest account?

Average Age of Accounts?

Mortgage? How old?

Auto loans? Open? Closed? How old?

Any other loans?

By the way...Welcome to the forum!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 37 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey thanks for the welcome folks!

Discover FICO: 841

I have the following cards:

Major Credit Cards:

BAC Visa $10K  $275.00 bal

BAC MC $16.5K  $0.00 bal

CITI MC $12K $0.00 bal

AMEX BLUE $6.5k (Was $21k, they cut to $6k during 2008 recession) $51.00 bal

CHASE FREEDOM $10K $0.00 bal

DISCOVER $15.6K $0.00 bal

CAP 1 VISA $7K (sock drawer card) $0.00 bal

CAP 1 MC $4K (was Direct Merchants Bank $10K, cut to $4k during recession) $0.00 bal

Store Cards:

HOME DEPOT $2.5K  $0.00 bal

LOWES $2.2K $0.00

Total outstanding balance s less than $400 on all cards, balance is always paid off every month. Average age of credit cards is 12 years. Credit history 25 years. 1 hard credit inquiry over the past 2 years. No other loans or mortgage. 

3 auto leases in past 5 years, 1 ended, 2 are active. One of the ends in a couple of months. I noticed a big jump in score when I signed my first auto lease in 2010, from 765 to 810 by the time that lease ended in 2013. I'm assuming I got a bump due to mix of type of credit.  If Discover score is accurate, I'm trying to get that elusive 850!

Message 38 of 56
jamie123
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey thanks for the welcome folks!

Discover FICO: 841

I have the following cards:

Major Credit Cards:

BAC Visa $10K  $275.00 bal

BAC MC $16.5K  $0.00 bal

CITI MC $12K $0.00 bal

AMEX BLUE $6.5k (Was $21k, they cut to $6k during 2008 recession) $51.00 bal

CHASE FREEDOM $10K $0.00 bal

DISCOVER $15.6K $0.00 bal

CAP 1 VISA $7K (sock drawer card) $0.00 bal

CAP 1 MC $4K (was Direct Merchants Bank $10K, cut to $4k during recession) $0.00 bal

Store Cards:

HOME DEPOT $2.5K  $0.00 bal

LOWES $2.2K $0.00

Total outstanding balance s less than $400 on all cards, balance is always paid off every month. Average age of credit cards is 12 years. Credit history 25 years. 1 hard credit inquiry over the past 2 years. No other loans or mortgage. 

3 auto leases in past 5 years, 1 ended, 2 are active. One of the ends in a couple of months. I noticed a big jump in score when I signed my first auto lease in 2010, from 765 to 810 by the time that lease ended in 2013. I'm assuming I got a bump due to mix of type of credit.  If Discover score is accurate, I'm trying to get that elusive 850!

Well...First off you need to know that there are several score models and your scores will most likely vary depending on the model. The Discover score that you mentioned is a real FICO 08 score and is mostly used by credit card lenders. Another important score model is a FICO 04 model that is used by mortgage lenders and seems to be a bit tougher to score a perfect 850 on.

It seems to me that you have the minimum number of credit types to get a perfect score. You have at least 3 credit cards and the auto leases count as installment loans.

You seem to ALMOST have the credit age to get a perfect score but I'm not sure. You stated that you have 1 hard inquiry in the past 2 years. If that inquiry is for a credit card or auto lease, and hence, the credit card or auto lease is less than 2 years old, it might be costing you a few points. In my research (And nothing is ever spelled out in black and white.) it seems that people that acheive perfect scores have their youngest credit card's age of at LEAST 2 years old or have been making their current auto loan/lease payments for at LEAST 2 years. In other words, no new credit in the past 2 years but you still NEED an open installment loan. (Now you can see just how difficult and fleeting it can be to acheive a perfect score!)

You could also be losing a few points by the way you pay your credit cards off every month. For a perfect score you can only have 1 credit card report a balance to the credit reporting agencies every month. You can control this by paying any credit cards that have a balance to $0 at least 3 days BEFORE the due date. This way, when a new monthly statement is created a few days AFTER the due date, it will show a $0 balance. The 1 credit card that does report a balance needs to report a balance that is less than 10% of your combined credit limits. It could be anywhere from 1% to 9% but must be less than 10%. And yes, you do need to have 1 card report a small balance. If you pay all your cards to $0 your score will drop by quite a bit.

You are so close to a perfect score it is about tweaking and making sure that your accounts are aged just right. I mean, after all, you are seeking perfection so your reports need to be perfect.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 39 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the pointers and tips, Jamie. I pay them off monthly in full (only 2-3 cars are used, the rest are sock drawer cards) because I don't like paying finance charges of any sort, but maybe I'll start carrying a $20-30 balance monthly on one of my cards to keep the score judges happy. 

My oldest card is CAP 1 VISA, account was opened in 1996. The youngest card is CITI, opened in 2008. It's tempting to open another account but I don't want in inquiry, and it wiill drop the age of my accounts. Again thanks for the info!

Message 40 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.