Did you mean: 

What can I expect

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What can I expect

My FICO scores from CCT are 602-605 across the board. I have a few negs

1. Collection from 3 years ago for $878

2. Charge off 1 from USAA 3 years old $7200 motorcycle loan paid in full 2 years ago

3. Charge off 2 from USAA 3 years old $9400 credit card. .

4. 74% utlization rate on 4 credit cards with total credit limit of $2800

What I did to boost scores

1. Paid collection in full (no luck with pfd)

2. Nothing I can do other than gw letters (USAA NOT HAPPENING)

3. Paid settlement in full yesterday for $3000

4. Paid all cards to 1% and added $1500 to my secured card for a total of $4300

Identity guard what-if simulator suggests I could expect up to a 65 points jump. What're your thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What can I expect

If we are talking just revolving utilization maybe; but where things get wierd / interesting is on the collection and chargeoff, as unfortunately by paying them they will both update, and in some cases we've seen where FICO calculates off the date of last activity rather than date of first deliquency on them.  

In either case getting righteous is a good thing from an underwriting perspective which is arguably more important than FICO for most things; however, with a mix of actions which may or may not happen I'm hesitant towards making a guess as to what sort of result you're going to see.  Absolute worst case you've drawn a line in the sand and can proceed all pretty from here and likely be gold plated when the derogs age off.

Just from personal experience nearly 4 years on that journey with 2 more left to go, it takes a while hah.

        
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What can I expect

@Revelate wrote:

If we are talking just revolving utilization maybe; but where things get wierd / interesting is on the collection and chargeoff, as unfortunately by paying them they will both update, and in some cases we've seen where FICO calculates off the date of last activity rather than date of first deliquency on them.  

In either case getting righteous is a good thing from an underwriting perspective which is arguably more important than FICO for most things; however, with a mix of actions which may or may not happen I'm hesitant towards making a guess as to what sort of result you're going to see.  Absolute worst case you've drawn a line in the sand and can proceed all pretty from here and likely be gold plated when the derogs age off.

Just from personal experience nearly 4 years on that journey with 2 more left to go, it takes a while hah.

Revelate, thanks for the feedback! I took a look at my CR from CCT and it looks like both the collection and charge off have been reporting late every month. It definietly does feel good to get "righteous" with them as you say! I'll keep you guys posted on this forum when I see what my scores do.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.